Summary of the meeting of the JAC (Young Lawyers of Catalonia) in Barcelona on 23/01/2016
Our Dean, Mr. Oriol Rusca, inaugurated the first part of the meeting as Chairman of the CICAC (Board of Bar Associations of Catalonia).
Find below a short summary of the results of that meeting:
- Approval of the financial report.
- Formation of the working commissions, being elected the GAJ Barcelona for the Formation, Ethics and Institutional Relations commissions.
- The President of FAJEEC (Federation of Young Businessmen and Entrepreneurs of Catalonia), Josep Llàcer, gave an update on all the issues of the Federation and agreed to pay the annual fee, which was suspended so far.
- The AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers) and its role were introduced through Cristina Hernández, AIJA’s representative in Barcelona, with the aim of organizing one of its next meetings in the city of Girona.
- The EYBA was also presented through its President, Elisabeth Batista, who is also a member of the Committee of the GAJ Barcelona.
This last presentation had two clear objectives:
o Give publicity to the EYBA and explain the benefits offered by the Association to the Young Lawyers of Catalonia.
o Envisage the possibility for JAC (Young Lawyers of Catalonia) to become a member of it.
We hope you find these news interesting. All young lawyers from Barcelona, who are represented in these meetings, are very welcome to join them.